ECB to take ‘appropriate action’ after historical tweets from a number of England players ‘questioned publicly’

0

Ollie Robinson was suspended by the ECB after historical sexist and racist tweets surfaced last week; the ECB has confirmed that it is now investigating “a series of historical posts on other people’s social media” at the England organization

The ECB has pledged to take “ relevant and appropriate action ” after questions were publicly raised about historical tweets from various England players.

The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) has confirmed that it is currently investigating “a series of historical posts on other people’s social media” at the England organization.

Fast pitcher Ollie Robinson was ruled out of England’s second Test against New Zealand starting with Edgbaston on Thursday after historical sexist and racist tweets came to light last week when he made his test debut at Lord’s.

The ECB is also investigating a second England cricketer for “offensive” historical posts on social media.

It comes after the cricket post. Wisden unearthed one such historical tweet, but concealed the identity of the alleged England cricketer because he was under 16 at the time.

Tweets from other England players have since surfaced.

James Anderson says the England team unanimously accepted Ollie Robinson’s apology for posting offensive tweets nine years ago.

An ECB spokesperson said: “Since we were alerted to offensive tweets last week, a number of historical posts on other people’s social media have also been publicly questioned.

“There is no room for discrimination in our sport, and we are committed to taking relevant and appropriate action when necessary.

“Given the concerns that have now been raised are clearly broader than a single case, the ECB Board will discuss how we deal with issues about historical social media material in a timely and appropriate manner.

“Each case will be considered on an individual basis, taking into account all the facts. We will evaluate the cases with the ECB Board before making further statements.”

England players accepted Robinson’s apology for the racist and sexist comments he posted on social media as a teenager, fast bowler James Anderson said Tuesday.

Anderson said Robinson had apologized “unreservedly” in the locker room for the 2012-13 Twitter posts, after previously admitting he was “embarrassed” and “embarrassed.”

Michael Holding believes that the ECB should not “be too harsh” on Robinson if its investigation concludes that his racist and sexist historical tweets were an isolated incident.

“Language and things that are being talked about are obviously not acceptable,” Anderson said.

“He stood in front of the group and apologized, and you could see how sincere he was and how upset he was.

“As a group, we appreciate that he is a different person now. He has matured and grown a lot since then and has all the support of the team.”

Sky sports is committed to making skysports.com and our channels on social media platforms a place for comment and discussion that is free from abuse, hatred and profanity.

For more information visit: www.skysports.com/againstonlinehate

If you see an answer to Sky sports Publications and / or content with an expression of hatred based on the expression of hatred for reasons of race, sex, color, gender, nationality, ethnicity, disability, religion, sexuality, age or class, copy the URL to the email Y screenshot and email us here.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.